Camu Camu Powder – ANDEAN WORLD PERU
Camu camu (Myrciaria Dubia) is a native fruit of the Peruvian Amazon, it grows mostly in floodable areas, its tree can reach 5 m of height, It has round and bulbous fruit similar to cherries with a diameter of about 3 cm that weighs about 20 g. The ripe fruit can be eaten with a lovely acid flavor, similar to cherries or lemon. The most important feature of this fruit is its high content in ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
Camu camu contains more vitamin C than any other fruit on the planet: between 1,800 and 2,780 mg. per 100 g. camu camu pulp, its pulp compared to oranges, camu camu offers 30 times more vitamin C, 10 times more iron, 3 times more niacin, twice as much riboflavin, and fifty percent more phosphor.
Camu camu has historically been used as an antiviral and anti-flu fruit, and it is believed to be an effective treatment for people with cold sores and shingles, the common cold, and cough.
The consumption of camu camu increases the levels of ascorbic acid, calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, niacin and riboflavin. All this nutritional cocktail improves the functioning of our body, keeping it stable and healthy. There are others benefits:
– Super natural antioxidant
– High vitamin C content
– Strengthens the immune system
– Improves the functions of the body.
– Excellent for the proper functioning of the heart and kidneys.
– Perfect for digestion thanks to serine.
– Effective against herpes and other viral ills.
– It prevents degenerative diseases of the brain such as Alzheimer’s, improves concentration and prevents “brain fog”.
– Helps prevent cancer.
– Perfect anti-inflammatory.
– Adequate collagen support for ligaments and tendons.
DIGESA Peruvian health ministry
How to use:
Take 1 teaspoonful a day. It can be taken with water or natural fruit juice. It can also be added to smoothies, yogurts and ice cream.